Monday, August 1, 2011

LENGTH.

To quote Neil Armstrong?
There's something about length that can turn the most mild-mannered gentleman into the next Norman Bates. Whether it's penile insecurity, long waiting lines or the relentless pursuit of cardiac arrest (I'm looking at you, Pheidippides (Google it)) men go absolutely PSYCHO (Get it now? Norman Bates?) over matters of length.


One of my regular readers, who shall remain nameless (but pictured below), ignited my longitudinal anxiety by suggesting that my posts may be a little too lengthy in both size and required reading time. I had always hoped my first accusation of being and lasting too long would be under sexier circumstances, but this cherished friend got me thinking, "Maybe my posts ARE a bit verbose?" 
I'm a little too long for this lady. (That's not what that straw said.)
To humor this nameless childhood friend (who will HOPEFULLY understand that this is all in good fun and not hold the use of her likeness against me), and to see if I can't get a few more followers (Eric's getting lonely), I'm going to refrain from writing another novella and leave this post a little shorter than normal. If the girth of my words was your gripe, let it be known in the comment section below so I can close the case of my missing readership. OR, better yet, suggest a new fan generating tactic for next week's entry.
And I can't legally say what I'll do for followers.



12 comments:

  1. yes, i am quite lonely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't your dating service, ERIC! Unless that will get me more readers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus Killian. There are far too many sexual references going on around my face haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to out yourself, "nameless friend!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of the short post. Quit being lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must second the opinion that "short posts are for lazy people" and stress the idea that it is not the length that matters but what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie T., I'll show you I know how to use my length by writing an extra long Yelp review in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your next post should be about "Lows" - as in, "All Time Lows" - as in, you can only start so low..then make a post about your phallic insecurity..THEN make a post about hitting rock bottom.

    ..you could even throw in something like, "..and I'm not talking about the place where you find cheap undocumented labor.." ..because that's how low you will go, that is the lowness in which you reside.

    ..low, low, low.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may have hit said bottom after reading this comment :( Whomp Whomp Whooooooomp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As was my response, mysterious person who (Correct me if I'm wrong) is Jack Rozier.

    ReplyDelete